The Friends of Valley Forge Park exists to engage public support for the Park, enhance public use and enjoyment of the Park and share in the stewardship of the natural and historical resources of the Park.
The Friends accomplishes its work by advocating and raising funds for the Park, developing and offering programs that educate the public and enhance their experiences, and volunteering in support of Park programs and projects.
- Sponsoring a variety of educational programs including an annual speaker series; programs in local schools; and cell phone tour available 365 days a year.
- Supporting Park special events such as the annual commemoration of the December March In of the Continental Army, Washington’s Birthday commemoration, July 4th Picnic in the Park Celebration and the annual Veterans Day ceremony.
- Sponsoring and volunteering for the annual 5 Mile Revolutionary Run from which proceeds benefit park trails and visitor facilities.
- Advocating for the preservation and protection of Valley Forge National Historical Park and all national parks.
- Directing support for Park initiatives and projects that enhance experiences for visitors including funding for the exhibits in the restored Valley Forge train station; and connecting the network of trails throughout the Park plus other natural and cultural resource projects.
Currently, over 1,700 members and donors plus active volunteers serve as passionate champions for the Park and its many services and programs. We believe and support that Valley Forge is and must continue to be:
- A place where citizens understand, care for, and preserve their history and natural heritage
- A place where life-long learning is compelling
- A place that is a vital and valued part of the community
Board Of Directors
|Robert H. Knauss||1st Vice Chairman|
|Gerald McNeff||2nd Vice Chairman|
|Paul R. Decker||Graham Dellinger||Bill Freilich|
|Mimi Gleason||Lon Homeier||Marion Lane|
|Nancy Loane||Michael Roscoe||Carole Rubley|
|Scott Sibley||Kirsten Tallman||Diane Ward|